NANTS at the ECOWAS Agriculture Ministers meeting on NAIP and RAIP-FNS of ECOWAP 2025.
1. At the invitation of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Commission, the ECOWAP 2025 Regional Review and Outlook Meeting was held from 02 to 05 December 2019 in Conakry, Republic of Guinea.
2. The overall objective of the meeting was to conduct a participatory and inclusive assessment, at the end of 2019, of the level of implementation of the ECOWAP 2025 guidelines and prospects for the development of the agro-forestry-pastoral and fisheries sector, for the next three years (2020-2022).
3. The expected results were:
• The NAIP-FNS implementation review and prospects, including the private sector participation are made;
• The RAIP-FNS implementation review and prospects, including the private sector participation are made;
4. The meeting was attended by:
• ECOWAP/CAADP Focal Points in Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo;
• Leaders of socio-professional organisations of farmers, herders, pastoralists, fishermen (ROPPA, APESS, RBM, CORET, COFENABEVI, ROAC, UOFA, PANEPAO, NANTS, WAWA, WILDAF, FEWACI);
• Representatives of ECOWAS, institutions of technical cooperation (CILSS, CORAF, IFPRI, ReSAKSS), and multi-stakeholder dialogue facilitation (HUB RURAL);
• Representatives of technical and financial partners (AECID, FAO, USAID, AFD, Swiss Cooperation, IFAD, EBID);
• Representatives of the private sector (WACOT and INTERVALLE);
• NGOs active in the region (OXFAM);
• The RACECO Communications group.